A six year old playing with a disposable lighter sparked tragedy on Evansvilles east side early Friday morning. 29 year old Kevin Kunze died in the fire at 313 Welworth Avenue. His girlfriend Kelli Gish and her 2 month old Leland Gish suffered minor injuries, and son Chase Powers suffered life threatening injuries. All three were taken to St. Marys Medical Center for treatment. Neighbors say they tried to get in to reach the family when they spotted the flames, but were not able to make it past the thick smoke and intense heat. One woman brought a fire extinguisher, and another neighbor smashed out a window. Those efforts were in vein. Firefighters found Kevin Kunzes lifeless body near where the fire started, in a front room of the house. They also pulled Chase Powers from the home, and administered CPR before loading him into an ambulance. Kunzes family has set up a benefit fund for his funeral expenses at Heritage Federal bank.