An early morning fire destroys a Westside home in Evansville. It happened on Delmar Avenue just before two Tuesday morning. Thats when a neighbor spotted the home burning and called the fire department. Homeowner, Velvet Lashley says she plugged in portable heaters because her furnace went out. But about 30 minutes later the fuse blew and the electric went out. Lashley says she cut the main power after she saw smoke. Then she took her two kids to a friends house. She says she came back to check up on her home and didnt see any fire. But around 1:45 in the morning Evansville fire officials says they were called to the house. This isnt the first time this family has had to pick up and start over again. The family also lost a home in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. But now this fire has left them homeless and with no insurance. Lashley says the Red Cross is putting them in a hotel and giving them vouchers for food and clothing.