- Premium Edge Finicky Adult Cat Formula dry cat food.
- Premium Edge Senior Cat Hairball Management Formula dry cat food.
- Premium Edge Kitten Formula dry cat food.
- Diamond Naturals Kitten Formula dry cat food.
- 4health All Life Stages Cat Formula dry cat food.
Doctors from BluePearl Veterinary Partners are urging people to stop using and return or discard certain bags of cat food manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods. The company issued a voluntary recall affecting 25 states that include Indiana and Kentucky.
According to a press release issued by Diamond Pet Foods, the company is recalling:
Tests conducted by the company indicated the products might have a low level of thiamine (Vitamin B1). Thiamine is an essential vitamin for cats in maintaining normal nervous system function.
Altogether, the products were distributed to customers located in Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia.
People who have the recalled products should return or discard them immediately.