Although rising gas prices are getting all the attention, natural gas prices are going up too. Natural gas prices are almost double what they were in December. But one Henderson based company is working on a service to make those prices go down. Orbit Gas company used to pump natural gas, now they will store it in a naturally occurring underground reservoir that holds five billion cubic feet. But, this reservoir is underneath two hundred plus acres of land. Some land will be disturbed temporarily while the company lays pipeline, and a small percentage will be completely taken over with new wells. Orbit Gas president Jim Martin is addressing the landowners. "Every landowner that will be affected has been contacted, we have 80 per cent of them signed, the remaining 20 per cent were still negotiating with." The Orbit Gas company has done their best to make sure the community knows whats going on. "Weve had 2 meetings, 3 mailings, the entire project plans are on file at the library, they should know their rights, they have had the opportunity to object if they want." Martin says he cannot disclose how much the project is costing. He says its certainly expensive. "The price of steel has almost doubled, so it just keeps getting more and more expensive." Despite all the obstacles, Martin says, in the long run, it will supply more natural gas to Kentucky and the nation, making prices go down. The Orbit Gas company is waiting to hear from the the federal energy regulation commission before they can continue with the project.