A fire starts in the kitchen and ends in the total loss of a mobile home. Maria Cavins was cooking for a fathers day bar-b-que with neighbors when it all began. She says she left some pinto beans cooking on the stove but when she returned the house was filled with smoke. She tried to stop the smoke by grabbing the pan but dropped it....burning her hand and igniting the fire. Three fire stations including McCutchinville arrived at 1800 Evanston Drive. They were there just before four oclock but not in time to save the home. District Fire Chief Duane Halsema says the mobile home burned quickly but did save some personal belongings. A picture of the man Maria looked up to as a father was spared along and a box of his things. Maria says it was a sign telling her that she can move on even if right now its hardest thing to do.