The fire started around 6:00 Tuesday morning in the 500 block of North Main Street. According to firefighters, the home is a converted barn. They say a woman inside heard her fire alarm go off, and when she went to the kitchen, she saw the curtains above the toaster oven on fire. She was able to get out safely.
One firefighter, however, suffered minor injuries while battling the fire. He and another firefighter were attempting to remove metal siding from the home, when some nearby power lines fell on the structure, shocking the firefighter. He was taken to a local hospital for observation, but his injuries are not believed to be serious.