It's beginning to look and feel more like Winter. Along with that comes the threat for fires and carbon monoxide leaks. The Evansville Fire Department and the Building Commission is stressing the importance of keeping tabs on your appliances.
With so much going on around the holidays, it can be easy to leave food on the stove or a candle too close to a curtain. You also need to watch out for carbon monoxide.
"I mean, it's the silent killer," said EFD Battalion Chief Dan Grimm. "It's colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that can overcome you very quickly."
"It's very important," said Ben Miller of the Building Commission. "It can mean your life, so that's why we want to get the word out. Have your heating and AC systems checked and make sure they're functioning."
City officials ask you to contact them if you have any questions.