An act by a dying Henderson woman very well could have saved the life of a baby. It all happened in a house fire, where officials believe the smoke and flames were too thick for victims to escape. As firefighters made their way to this house Sunday afternoon, they were told two people were trapped inside. Sixty-seven year old Ruth Pearson and eight month old Marrissa McGuire. Pearsons son lives down the street, and was one of the first on the scene. When firefighters arrived on the scene, the house was fully engulfed, they found Pearsons body by the back door, and her 8 month old grandaughter underneath. Fire officials say the baby was wrapped in a towel and covered in soot, but thanks to Pearsons coverage, suffered no exterior burns. Rick Roberson says his mother was always taking care of her grandchildren and great grandchildren, and the kids on her street all called her grandma. Pearson died overnight, and the infant was flown to a hospital in Lexington, where shes currently on a ventilator. Family members tell us, shes doing fine, and will be breathing on her own, Tuesday. Pearsons sons, still in shock over the death of their mother, say theyre not surprised that she died saving someone. Right now investigators are trying to find out what sparked the fire.