A blaze near downtown Evansville Thursday evening left 14 people, including six kids, homeless. Investigators think a child playing with a lighter sparked the fire in the 800 block of Powell. The family did not have insurance, and is currently being housed in a hotel with the help of the American Red Cross. The Red Cross is also providing food and clothing, because the home is considered a complete loss. The organization is also working on find suitable long term housing for the fire victims, and will provide them with their first months rent.