If you're keeping the heat low in your home to save money, here are some tips to help keep you warm.
- if you live alone, arrange for a check in with a friend or family member.
- insulate your home properly. Caulking is a very low-cost technique.
- wear several loose, warm layers of clothing.
- wear a hat and scarf.
- when you go to sleep at night, make sure to use extra blankets. Hypothermia can develop during sleep.
- drink a lot of water and avoid alcohol because alcohol speeds up body heat loss.