Eyewitness News LinksFriday, May 17, 2013
- Owensboro kicks off its Friday After 5 series tonight. For more information, including a list of events, click here.
Monday, May 13, 2013
- Click here for high school graduation rate data for Indiana.
- Time Warner Cable is adding about two dozen jobs to its Evansville operation. On Thursday, a job fair will be held at the Fares Avenue office. For more information on career options, click here.
Thursday, May 8, 2013
- For more information on the re-released IU Sex App powered by Kinsey Reporter click here!
- The AFL/CIO release their annual list of the safest states to work. For the entire report, click here.
- Chief Executive Magazine has released its list of the best and worst states to work. Where to Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois rank? Click here to find out.
Monday, May 6, 2013
- Justin Timberlake is about to head off on a world tour, his first in six years. To find tickets, click here.
- Comedy fans may want to check out parody king, Weird Al Yankovic, when he comes to the Victory Theatre in Evansville on July 27th. For ticket information, click here.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
- There are several ways to report meth activity in your neighborhood. You can contact the Evansville Police Department's Meth Suppression Unit at 812-436-7917. You can also submit tips online by clicking here. Or you can email the EPD directly.
- The Evansville Water Department now has an online payment option for its customers. Click here for more information.
Friday, April 26, 2013
- How much would you pay to have coffee with Apple CEO Tim Cook? Check out the Charity Buzz website to see what some are bidding.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
- Evansville Police Officer Nathan Schroer continues to undergo cancer treatments. Click here to order your tickets to a May 11th fundraiser to benefit him.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
- On Wednesday, when you dine out at a participating restaurant, a portion of your bill will help benefit the Red Cross Heroes Campaign. For a list of restaurants that are taking part, click here.
- Indiana has released its 3rd edition of Cold Case Playing Cards. Featured are nearly a dozen cold case homicides from Vanderburgh and Gibson Counties.
- Click here to read the criminal complaint filed against Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
- Do you have what it takes to take on Mars? Then click here to apply to be among the first to step foot on the red planet.
Friday, April 19, 2013
- Indiana officials want to better equip Hoosiers to avoid foreclosure as the housing and job market struggle to get on their feet. To see if you qualify, click here.
- Henderson Tri-Fest kicks off on Friday. Click here for a complete munchie map.
Wednesday, April 10th, 2013
- With severe weather around the corner, Get your family and home ready for a tornado with the official Tornado App from the American Red Cross. Click here to download.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
- Help the Tri-State Food Bank win a $45,000 grant from Walmart. Click here.
Friday, March 29, 2013
- The Centers For Disease Control is alerting the public to the recall of several baby products. For more information, click here.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
- Fast Eddy's is holding an online auction to sell off some of the former nightclub's iconic memorabilia. Click here to check it out.
Friday March 22, 2013
- With tournament time in full swing, don't lose track of the action. Click here to find out the latest on scores and stats.
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
- The annual county health rankings are out. How did the Tri-State counties factor in? Click here for the full results.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
- The Indiana State Fair free concert lineup for 2013 has been announced. Check it out here.
- The Evansville Police Department Foundation is accepting donations for 11 year department veteran, Nathan Schroer. Schroer is battling Leukemia for the second time. For more information, or to make a donation, click here.
- Indiana Attorney General, Greg Zoeller, has released his annual top ten consumer complaint categories. Can you guess what came in at number one? Click here for the complete list.
- Ladies, how much do you know about changing the oil in your car? How about putting on that spare tire? If you answered "nothing" to either of those questions, Lefler Collision and Glass has an event just for you. Click here for more information.
- The Red Cross has just released a new app to help you stay up to date on tornado warnings. For more information, as well as download links, click here.
- If you find yourself on the wrong end of a parking ticket in Owensboro, you'll want to know about the new fine structure which was recently adopted. Click here for the new rates, which take effect on May 1.
- The Henderson Police Department is accepting applications for new officers. To download an application, visit www.cityofhendersonky.org.
- For more information on the American Cancer Society's new prevention study, click here.
- If the sequester cuts go on as planned later this week, air traffic control towers around the country could be in danger of being shut down. Click here for a complete list of towers that might be affected.
Monday, February 25, 2013
- For a complete list of Oscar winners, click here.
- Two of Pluto's moons need new names. To vote, click here. Voting ends at 11a.m. Central Time on Monday.
- Some popular dog treats are being recalled due to possible Salmonella contamination. Click here for more details.
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
- For more information on the Owensboro Public School Alert System, click here.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
- Owensboro Health Regional Hospital has been named a top 100 hospital by Healthgrades. To see other hospitals on the list, click here.
- Click here to check out everything Bonnaroo related, including line-up, ticket info, and much more.
- Click here to read the Indiana Court of Appeals' opinion, which upholds Evansville's smoking ban.
- Indiana's now offering 78 counties marriage license applications online. Fill out basic info and take it to the clerks office. Click here.
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
- "If you would like to participate in the 16th annual Great Backyard Bird Count this weekend, go to www.birdsource.org for more information."
Thursday, February 7, 2013
- Kentucky State Police is looking for some new Commercial Vehicle Enforcement officers. To apply, click here.
Monday, February 4, 2013
- Tax-deductible donations to Share the Warmth may be sent to: P.O. Box 931, Evansville, IN 47706-0931.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
- A new study says Tri-Staters could do a better job at putting money away for a rainy day. For more information on this study, click here.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
- Visit the White House website to learn more about President Obama's plan to reduce gun violence in the U.S.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
- For more information, and to sign the Sandy Hook Promise, click here.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
- For more information on the University of Illinois' course on the Emancipation Proclamation, click here.
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
- For more information on the "I Love Newtown" T-shirts, click here.
Friday, December 7, 2012
- Betty McIntosh wrote a first hand account of the attack on Pearl Harbor back in 1941. At the time, she worked as a reporter, and her story was considered too graphic. But now, at the age of 97, McIntosh's account is being published for the first time. Click here to read it.
Monday, December 3rd, 2012
- Pope Benedict the 16th is now on Twitter. If you'd like to follow the feed, it can be found at @pontifex. The first tweet is expected December 12th.
- The Wabash Memorial Toll Bridge is now online. Improvements to the pavement now make it possible for you to go online to auto-pay your tolls. For more information, visit www.wabashpass.com or call 1-855-922-2741.
- A new system is making it easier for divorces to get into the Kentucky record books. For more information, click here.
- You have until midnight tonight to get your phone number on the latest Indiana Do Not Call List. To register, visit the Indiana Attorney General's website. You may also call 1-888-834-9969.
- For more information on donating to the Sean Sims memorial fund, click here. You may also want to check out the Sean Sims Memorial Facebook Page.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
- For more information on the mission of the United States Military Academy at West Point, contact Martha Seal at 812-421-5886.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
- Vectren has some advice for customers on how to be more energy efficient this holiday season. For more information, visit vectrenlivesmart. You may also call the Vectren Conservation Connection contact center at 866-240-8476.
- The U.S. Public Interest Research Group is eyeing some popular toys they say could make potentially dangerous Christmas gifts. For more information, check out the USPIRG wesite.
Monday, November 19, 2012
- The Evansville Red Cross is hosting the "Give Thanks, Give Life" blood drive on Wednesday, November 21st from 6a.m.-9p.m., at their headquarters on Stockwell Road. For more information on blood donation, call 1-800-RED-CROSS, or click here.